MetroPlan Orlando is seeking a Senior Transportation Planner. This position works within the Department of Transportation Planning; specifically Transportation System Management & Operations (TSMO).
- Manages various program aspects of TSMO and planning.
- Performs and provides technical assistance to local and state agency officials as well as their consultants. This will include providing guidance and training in the use of a regional crash database; analysis of crash data.
- Manages and coordinates the development of Congestion Management Process, Intelligent Transportation System and Traffic Incident Management for the region.
- Provides technical assistance to local and state agencies in performing transportation systems analysis; assists local agencies in the development of system management elements.
- Performs research, conducts field inspections such as safety audits, collects and analyzes transportation-related data.
- Plans and develops conceptual project improvements and TSMO solutions in response to issues related to traffic signals, traffic safety and urban congestion.
- Develops short and long-term transportation solutions to meet regional travel demand needs.
- Oversees various transportation-related contracts such as the travel time and delay study.
Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in urban planning, civil engineering or transportation planning and three (3) years of experience or a Bachelor’s degree and five (5) years’ experience in related field with a concentration in transportation engineering systems.
May substitute an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Salary & Benefits
The position offers a competitive salary and an excellent fringe benefits package, including health insurance and paid time off. MetroPlan Orlando is based in beautiful downtown Orlando, with convenient access to the Church Street SunRail Station, nearby Lymmo service, a LYNX bus stop at the front door, and secure bicycle and vehicle parking.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com OR Director of Finance & Administration, MetroPlan Orlando, 250 South Orange Avenue, Suite 200, Orlando, FL 32801. Completion of a MetroPlan Orlando employment application form will be required of those selected for interview.
MetroPlan Orlando is an equal opportunity employer, a drug-free workplace, and a tobacco-free workplace. It is the policy of MetroPlan Orlando that all applicants selected for employment must sign an Affidavit for Non-Use of Tobacco Products in order to be hired. The non-use of tobacco products must have been for a period of at least six months immediately preceding application for employment; and must be maintained and continued for the duration of employment with MetroPlan Orlando.
All applications must be received by August 18, 2022. This position will remain open until it is filled.
Federal law requires that MetroPlan Orlando verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. MetroPlan Orlando will provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. See documents below for details.