Thank you for your interest in working for MetroPlan Orlando! Questions should be directed to our Human Resources department via email at email@example.com. Please note that we do not hold unsolicited resumes.
Temporary part-time communications position (August 2017-June 2018)
MetroPlan Orlando is seeking an enthusiastic, results-driven communication professional for a temporary, part-time position lasting approximately 10 months. The position will be required to work 15 hours per week.
If you’re a detail-oriented, strategic thinker and want to work on projects that will impact transportation in Central Florida, then this is the position for you. You’ll join the MetroPlan Orlando team on communication and community outreach projects promoting our transportation planning mission.
Ideal candidates will be communication professionals with eight to 10 years of experience. Exact length of the employment agreement and work hours are flexible based on the candidate’s preferences, qualifications and performance.
Description of the Position
The communication professional will provide support for MetroPlan Orlando’s comprehensive public relations and community outreach program. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Supporting planning projects through research, editing, and writing of white papers
• Event planning support, including being the point-person for events that will obtain input on transportation policy
• Organizing complex information and creating infographics
• Assisting with other writing assignments, including newsletter articles, fact sheets and social media content
• 8-10 years of communication and public relations experience, including project management; creating strategic communication plans and executing campaigns; and writing for various communication channels including print, video, online and social media
• Ability to communicate effectively with a strong command of the English language, both orally and in writing
• Ability to read, analyze, edit, and interpret complex technical information
• Familiarity with AP style for writing press releases and other publications
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your cover letter, current resume, and three samples of work to the Director of Finance and Administration via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Available for immediate hire. Open until filled.
Click on the document below to see complete position description and details:
Federal law requires that MetroPlan Orlando verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. MetroPlan Orlando will provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. See documents below for details.