Thank you for your interest in working for MetroPlan Orlando. Questions should be directed to our Human Resources department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we do not hold unsolicited resumes.
MetroPlan Orlando is seeking two Transportation Planners. These positions work within the Department of Transportation Planning. Applicants will be considered for both open positions.
Job responsibilities include:
• Assist in the preparation and periodic updating of Metropolitan Transportation Plan
• Assist with the integration of freight, goods and services mobility planning into the transportation planning process
• Act as a resource person for the region concerning matters of transportation planning
• Promote improved land use planning methods that are better integrated with transportation planning and public health activities
• Maintain the transportation system surveillance effort, including highway and transit system inventory and congestion management
• Assist in the analysis and evaluation of specific transit and bicycle/pedestrian proposals, including station area and access studies, bicycle facilities and networks and proposals for new or improved transit services
Minimum qualifications are: a master’s degree from an accredited college or university in urban planning, civil engineering or transportation planning and one year of experience; a bachelor’s degree and three years’ experience in related field with a concentration in transportation engineering systems; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
For more information about the position, see the document below.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com OR Director of Finance & Administration, MetroPlan Orlando, 250 South Orange Avenue, Suite 200, Orlando, FL 32801.
All applications must be received by July 31, 2019. The positions are open until filled.
Federal law requires that MetroPlan Orlando verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. MetroPlan Orlando will provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. See documents below for details.