MetroPlan Orlando Seeks Senior Transportation Planner
Posted on: May 10, 2023 in Jobs & Internships
We’re hiring! MetroPlan Orlando is seeking a qualified and enthusiastic Senior Transportation Planner. This position works within the Department of Transportation Planning.
Job responsibilities include:
- Manages various program aspects of TSMO and planning.
- Performs and provides technical assistance to local and state agency officials as well as their consultants. This will include providing guidance and training in the use of a regional crash database; analysis of crash data.
- Manages and coordinates the development of Congestion Management Process, Intelligent Transportation System and Traffic Incident Management for the region.
- Provides technical assistance to local and state agencies in performing transportation systems analysis; assists local agencies in the development of system management elements.
- Performs research, conducts field inspections such as safety audits, collects and analyzes transportation-related data.
- Plans and develops conceptual project improvements and TSMO solutions in response to issues related to traffic signals, traffic safety and urban congestion.
- Develops short and long-term transportation solutions to meet regional travel demand needs.
- Oversees various transportation-related contracts such as the travel time and delay study.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter (including salary requirements) and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR Director of Finance & Administration, MetroPlan Orlando, 250 South Orange Avenue, Suite 200, Orlando, FL 32801.
To get detailed information visit: 2023-01-Senior-Transportation-Planner-TSMO.pdf (metroplanorlando.org)
This position will remain open until it is filled. All applications must be received by June 7, 2023.