Position Open for Transportation Planner
Posted on: November 12, 2020 in Jobs & Internships
MetroPlan Orlando is seeking a Transportation Planner to provide assistance in transportation activities and assist on special projects as identified in the Unified Planning Work Program. Duties also include promoting public awareness of the current state of transportation issues and informing elected officials and the public on the status of projects in progress.
Job responsibilities include:
- Assist in the preparation and periodic updating of Metropolitan Transportation Plan
- Assist project managers on project delivery and completion of tasks
- Act as a resource person for the region concerning Complete Streets transportation planning
- Monitor and report socio-demographic growth and patterns
- Promote improved land use planning methods that are better integrated with transportation planning and public health activities
- Research, interpret, analyze and conceptualize information and data
- Serve on appropriate project advisory committees
- Respond to citizen inquiries; represent the organization at various events and meetings
- Assist in developing and maintaining positive working relationships with governmental agencies, transportation operating agencies, and the business community
- Assist with major transportation planning studies
- Provide staff support to the Technical Advisory Committee and various subcommittees
Minimum qualifications are: master’s degree in urban planning, public administration, transportation planning, or related field and one (1) year of experience or a bachelor’s degree and five (5) years of experience in transportation planning (may substitute an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience)
For more information about the position, see the Jobs page on this website.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter (including salary requirements) and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR Director of Finance & Administration, MetroPlan Orlando, 250 South Orange Avenue, Suite 200, Orlando, FL 32801.
This position will be open until filled however, first round of applications must be received by December 11, 2020.