Senior Transportation Planner Position Now Open
Posted on: July 21, 2022 in Jobs & Internships
**The application period for this position is closed.**
We’re hiring! MetroPlan Orlando is seeking a qualified and enthusiastic Senior Transportation Planner. This position works within the Department of Transportation Planning; specifically Transportation System Management & Operations (TSMO).
Job responsibilities include:
- Manages various program aspects of TSMO and planning.
- Performs and provides technical assistance to local and state agency officials as well as their consultants. This will include providing guidance and training in the use of a regional crash database; analysis of crash data.
- Manages and coordinates the development of Congestion Management Process, Intelligent Transportation System and Traffic Incident Management for the region.
- Provides technical assistance to local and state agencies in performing transportation systems analysis; assists local agencies in the development of system management elements.
- Performs research, conducts field inspections such as safety audits, collects and analyzes transportation-related data.
- Plans and develops conceptual project improvements and TSMO solutions in response to issues related to traffic signals, traffic safety and urban congestion.
- Develops short and long-term transportation solutions to meet regional travel demand needs.
- Oversees various transportation-related contracts such as the travel time and delay study.
Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in urban planning, civil engineering or transportation planning and three (3) years of experience or a Bachelor’s degree and five (5) years’ experience in related field with a concentration in transportation engineering systems OR may substitute an equivalent combination of education and experience.
For more information about the position, see the Jobs page on this website.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter (including salary requirements) and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR Director of Finance & Administration, MetroPlan Orlando, 250 South Orange Avenue, Suite 200, Orlando, FL 32801.
This position will remain open until it is filled. All applications must be received by August 18, 2022.