MetroPlan Orlando is seeking a qualified firm or independent consultant to provide graphic design services on an as-needed basis. This will be a three-year contract with options for two one-year extensions at MetroPlan Orlando’s discretion. Respondents are asked to provide a summary of qualifications, samples of work, and hourly rates for graphic design services.
Quote packages and samples of work should be submitted digitally to RFP@metroplanorlando.org with subject line: RFP 2022-02: Graphic Design. Submissions must be received by 12:00 p.m., Thursday, November 4, 2021.
Questions may be submitted to RFP@metroplanorlando.org and will be answered in the Q&A section that accompanies this RFP. The Q&A section also outlines instructions for submitting questions by mail. The deadline for questions is noon on Wednesday, October 27, 2021. The Q&A section was last updated on 10/11/2021.
Questions and Answers
- Q: Whether companies from Outside USA can apply for this? (like, from India or Canada) A: Yes. “All corporations, partnerships, and other businesses must have the authority to transact business in the State of Florida and be in good standing with the Florida Secretary of State. MetroPlan Orlando will not do business with vendors on the State of Florida’s suspended vendor list or convicted vendor list.” Proposers in a different time zone should specify their availability (office hours) to respond to project questions and attend meetings.
- Q: Whether we need to come over there for meetings? A: It's expected that most meetings can take place over the phone or by video conference for graphic design projects. However, there may be instances where an in-person meeting may be required. This contract may require photography shoots in Central Florida and possibly surrounding areas in Florida. There may be times when shooting days are scheduled on very short notice. Due to budget restrictions, travel from outside the Central Florida region will not be reimbursed.
- Q: Can we perform the tasks (related to RFP) outside USA? (like, from India or Canada) A: This contract may require photography shoots in Central Florida and possibly surrounding areas in Florida. It is permissible to edit photography outside of the United States if necessary, provided that the editor has a good understanding of what is expected from the project.
- Q: Can we submit the proposals via email? A: Yes. Please refer to the scope of services document for details on how to submit via email.
- Q: Will additional points be awarded if the firm is a DBE? A: No additional points will be awarded if a firm is DBE, because Federal funds may be used on some projects. When Federal funds are used, the procurement must be race/revenue neutral. However, we encourage DBE participation in all contracts.
- Q: Which forms from the procurement website are required to be included with our submission? A: No additional forms are required at this time. We may reach out to the winning team for additional information.
- Q: What is the selection process for this RFP? Will there be presentations or interviews? A: A selection committee will meet to review and score the proposals. If the selection committee feels there is a need for presentations or interviews, then proposers will be notified.
- Q: When does the contract period begin for the first year? A: We expect this contract to appear on the December 8, 2021 MetroPlan Orlando Board agenda for approval. The contract period will begin after official board approval and execution of necessary paperwork with the consultant.
- Q: Who is on the selection committee? A: We do not provide information on the Committee Members during the RFP process. Contacting selection committee members regarding this RFP during the RFP process will result in a rejected proposal.
- Q: While we understand that this is an as-needed contract with individual budgets for tasks and assignments, is there an overall budget for the contract? A: No, there is no overall budget or guaranteed amount for the contract.